The Project being my collar.
I finished the weave a few weeks ago, and it has been sitting on my altar ever since. I’ve flexed it; I’ve checked it around my neck for fit; I’ve sat and contemplated it. And now it’s turning out that it will not work.
The weave I used is called Captured Inverted Round (CIR). I love that weave; it looks far more intricate than it is, and it turned out beautifully. But in making it with larger rings, it turned into a very stiff piece. Flexing it opens the rings slightly, which has popped three of the connections along its length. If any more go, it will do what I call “throwing up the capture,” and rings will go everywhere. And due to that little imp Murphy, it would be sure to happen at the worst possible time.
This, then, will not work. I will have to do it again.
I know what I can use instead; Full Persian makes a fantastic, flexible chain, even at this size. It’s also another easy-to-do, intricate-to-look-at weave that I love. I’ve been practicing it and is one of four that I can almost do it in my sleep. Yet there’s a little part of me that is very, very sad to have to do it again. The CIR chain will have to be disassembled eventually, and undoing all of that can be a little heartbreaking. I know it’s a lesson, not a failure, but it is a little disheartening.
Nothing to do but take the lesson and forge ahead. Less than four months remain and I have much left to do.